Friday, October 9, 2009

The Most Successful Rebel Leader is Identical to the Longstanding Rebel Leader!!!!



I am afraid that I don't have the courage to say Happy 47th Independence day to all Ugandan. Was my country ready for independence in 1962 or not? I ask myself this question  time and again but I think our Independence still leaves us with so much to be demanded. My heart bleeds every time I remember songs of peace on my Speech and Parents'  Day in primary school. We used to chant peace, love and unity that we assumed had been given to us by the NRM government established by the NRA Rebels. Terror begets Terror, our hearts as Ugandans were disparate and we entrusted the beloved nation in the hands of a Movement built with Resentment as a value. 
I would justify my former statement by on major indicator in the two cases; the National Resistance Movement has to the largest extent failed to hear the cries of the people that defended its cause and embarked on pleasing a few that see this particular regime as a career, there is no link between the civil patriots and the national cake. The NRM extremist have created "pot holes" in every social services and this implies that they lead a system that doesn't care about tomorrow. 

On the other hand the Longstanding rebel leader Joseph Kony has no difference because you can't not have a vision of a great nation yet you are killing its citizens, I just don't know where Kony sees Uganda in 20 years from now.

What makes these two people identical is that they have not concentrated on building the nation but damaging  it. I hope they got Obama's messege clear," They will be judged on what they build not what the destroy". I speak with inspiration from one African God Father, His Majesty Emperor Haile Sellasie who once said that [in times like this], Let us act as befits the dignity which we claim for ourselves as Africans, proud of our own special qualities, distinctions, and abilities. We must speak out on major issues, courageously, openly and honestly, and in blunt terms of right and wrong.
This generation will always remember these two terrorist wondering where the international community has been for over two decades. 

No comments:

Post a Comment